Sunday, August 13, 2006

rasta baby!

Eme is as funny as ever. Recently her new trick is to put my funky hand knit tea cozy on her head like a hat. Rasta Mon! She is growing as much as ever and keeping us on our toes with daily changes. Still only 2 teeth though.


She is also full of kisses, and not just when you ask her. She will pucker up at a moments notice and thrust her little pursed lips in your general direction looking for a smooch. It has got to be the cutest thing ever. I don't know anyone who would get tired of that game.

She is fast approaching the one year land mark and is turning into the discerning toddler. One day she only wants yogurt or toast and fruit, and then just when you think she won't eat another truly nutritious meal, she will surprise you (like last night) by eating (get ready for it....) macaroni and cheese, brocolli, chard, carrots, zuchinni, roasted potatoes, lamb, and watermelon. Wow!


Like any responsible parent I left her alone in the kitchen this morning while I put something away in the bedroom, and when I cam out I panicked initially because I couldn't see her..... this is where she was. Sitting in the cupboard beside the computer, that was left open when the reycling was taken out. She just thought this was great, so many new things to explore.
Another lesson learned.

On another subject, but very closely related to Emelia Jean - Phil and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary yesterday. We managed to get a date in today, courtesy of Aunty Anna and Grampa who babysat for us. What did we do? you ask. We hiked the GROUSE GRIND. Yes who read that right we voluntarily hiked up 1 vertical kilometer, and let me tell you it was a very long KM. I managed it in 1 hour and 16 minutes and Phil in 1 hour and 8 minutes (but only because he walked with me until the last 1/4 km - his usual is around 50 mins.) After this calorie burner we quickly showered at a friends and went to a brew pub to eat it all back again. I tell you nothing tastes as good as bad food after a good work out. We finished the afternoon by sharing a double chocolate cookie and a triple americano from Whole Foods. HEAVEN. It doesn't sound too fancy, but this was what I call a good time. We both felt very happy and grateful at the end of our time out and were welcomed home with snuggles and kisses from a certain someone we love dearly.

That is about it for now, although I am sure if I really think about it I could probably write a whole lot more, but alas it is getting close to shut down for me. So I will leave something for next time.....


XOXOXO - from all of us (just imagine them a little wetter from Em's)OXOXOX

No comments: