Saturday, March 17, 2007

Instead of a dream house.....

Gwen over at Muddy Yellow Dog just posted about dream homes and what hers would be like. I too could go on for hours about the ideal and mine is not to far from Gwen's... instead of a dream house though I am here to offer you a look at the inside of my cupboards.

This is not something I would normally share as they are generally in a terrible state of clutter and it would normally take me ages to find what I was looking for, even though I have a mental catalogue of everything. (No wonder I am tired a lot and have little brain power for other things if I am cluttering my brain with this kind of info.... ah I digress)

I am sharing now as FIL and I have recenlty spent a little time and money attempting to get more organized - and although I am realizing now that a before shot would highlight better out success, you can still get the idea.



My newly arranged appliance cupboard - previously these items were strewn about the kitchen in dark and hard to reach corners - and this cupboard area was a giant catch all.



This masterpiece is above my fridge - the ever underused area above the fridge with the antique china set from FIL's mom - that I have not had occasion to use, but once. It previosly took up the whole of this giant cupboard, but with a few handy shelf inserts I got it down to half and used the front for more contemporary platter storage.


And finally the "piece de resistance" our pull out pantry drawers. Literally a choir of angels sing each time we open this.... in fact the first day FIL requested I open it while having supper because it made him so happy. We are so strange. We also have a tupperware pull out drawer in the lower cupboard and, wonder of all wonders, we can actually find the lids now.



Lastly I leave you with The Emster on her new Radio Flyer Wheels. (Nice Duds hey Sar?? - look familiar?) If we could only get her to lose the soo soo. Pick your battles.

I will feel the love for my house again once the sun starts shining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you not feel the heavens have descended upon you with that organization? I definitely feel the louve has some serious competition regarding masterpieces! Yes, to have a pull out pantry cupboard...added to the list!

Anonymous said...

Ah, one day a pull-out pantry cupboard...And look at those duds! I can't believe they fit her already! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Great work.