Friday, June 09, 2006

Houston, I think we have a problem.......

I have always known that a thrift store can be a dangerous and tricky place, however I have never had this much trouble getting out alive. In the last week I have managed to rack up quite the collection of new things, mostly in the way of fabric, and some other unneccessary, but desired items. And so as therapy (in an effort to rid myself of some of the guilt) I thought I best share it with you. So here are samplings of what I have spent my money on lately.....

The fabric on the left is bright and fun and there is lots of it, middle is a pillow case I couldn't resist and on the right a fab table cloth in mint condition.

These are all pillow cases. The one on the left I am imagining as a dress for Eme and the middle and right are going on the bed down stairs.
On the left is a twin size vintage flat sheet in heavy cotton that will hopefully become a duvet cover for Eme's toddler bed (I know, I know...) the middle is also a sheet for the same bed and I got 2 matching pillow cases, and the right are pillow cases that I can see turning in to one of the fabulous pieces for a patchwork log cabin pillow a la a Bird in the Hand .

Left is a pillow case ( I know, but there were so many exceptionally nice pillow cases...), the middle in an apron and the right is an old curtain, with some parts lovely and faded and others rich and clear.
This is 3 yards of the wackiest fabric you have ever seen, and I am going to try a bleach some of it to see how it looks "aged" - and you may just see it in a prominent place in my home some time soon....
And who could resist this Holly Hobby, ahh this is a childhood memory in a bed sheet.

And now for the enamel ware that I couldn't pass up. Above is a mug with a lid, but it is the size of a canister, very cool.

Three shallow bowls that I had to have...

And a serving tray that is about 24 inches across in celadon green.

This 3 piece spanish childrens set was a no brainer, such a fun gift (if it makes it that far).

And finally a little taste of something I have been working on....... I actually have 3 canvases on the go and a water color....WOW look out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, got your distress call re: V.V. shopping exbidition. I'm not very good help in these situations as I look at all of this fabric and exclaim..."it's so cute!" Great finds! I hope all of my knaughty knitting friends glammed it up and had a blast yesterday...you, the hostess, included! Can't wait to hear all about it! xo!