Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Temptation and torture, plus more...

So I have recently started a self enflicted diet that does not include wheat or dairy. After discussions with my cousin and Mom, I realized that the best way to try to clear up my excema was to give the wheat free, dairy free thing a go. This is particularily hard for me as I am the queen of yogurt - need a snack? have some yogurt. want a quick meal? have some yogurt. looking for a nice condiment for curry or need something to make a dip? try some yogurt. Oh me oh my. It wasn't as hard as I thought for the first few days, but then I started to run out of ideas and my palette was screaming at me. Not to mention my completely altered digestive system. The wheat thing is not so hard, there are lots of substitutes, but the dairy? Regardless - I did have to pass up some delicious looking bread at Sarah's yesterday.
So here I have pictured the "meal" I made my Hubby the other night. Who knew that temptation and torture could be embodied in a Grilled Cheese Sandwich? I didn't have one bite though, not a morsel of cheese while making it, not a snip of the finished product.... but man I wanted it. I am not even that big of a fan, often they leave me feeling heavy and bloated. But I really wanted this one. I had tofu and rice and salad. Not a bad meal and I took a picture of it too, but Eme won out in the battle of the picture post (I can only do 5 at a time and don't have time for another download.). Any ideas of there for fabulous recipes etc... it is amazing how many things you can eat without touching wheat and dairy, but there are so many things that I am used to that I just can't have these days. Tonight is salmon, yam fries and chard - good, non?


And now for something completely different....
Our little smooge after a run in with the towel, does it get any cuter that this? Not until the next photos session right?
She was so ready to have her picture taken, she was practically posing for us. Ahh the diva within. I know I say this all the time, but she is changing so much, I guess that is what happens for the first few years at least. I just can't get over it sometimes.

And of course a few shots with the parents....we get in the pictures every now and then.

I just love how she is holding on to his thumb and hand for support. They had so much fun playing together on this particular morning. She is so much more interactive when you play with her now, she is always egging you on and "cracking" jokes. What a sweetheart.



Now does anyone have any great ideas for a 1 year old birthday present? I have to get/make come up with two by the 17th. The price for one is $25-30 and the other is $10. I am hoping to get them all for less that one and have it look like more. My favorite trick ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently gave little percussion intruments to a one year-old girl, for her birthday. Little maracas, bells, and other shakers. She was tickled pink.