Friday, September 22, 2006

Onward and upward...

It is not easy it seems for me to have new photos for you to enjoy. First off, I loathe to mention that I am spending far less time with my dear sweet one than before and secondly the pictures I have been taking lately are on film and although I am getting them on CD also, so that I can show you, I have had to go back to the processor 3 times now for dust spots and so the CD's go back too.

SO... other things that are mentionable. I have a job; two jobs actually. Silly me for thinking I wasn't going to get work - as it is lately it is too many job offers that is causing me the stress. So I am working 5 afternoons in a middle school, teaching perspective drawing and a computer drafting program, and 3 mornings a week are spent at an elementary school down the road as a librarian. The whole thing is rather convenient actually, as my home, daycare and jobs are all within 5 square kilometers. They actually literally make a square.

So I am doing a little something new and a little something old - both in new places. The staff at both schools are great so... it should be a nice year. Now if I could just figure out when to fit in the excercise and other Mommy times for mental sanity.

Eme is doing well; better everyday with her daycare. Julie (her daycare provider) is great and so are her 3 girls (6, 9, and 11) and they all love Eme (of course). This helps me in eleviating some of the guilt that I suffer from, but in my heart know is neccessary for us at the moment in order to do right for our family in the long run.

Phil put in it well the other day when we were having yet another conversation about our choices and how we are doing. He said if we can help our kids when they are in our position; be debt free from school, offer free daycare, take the kids overnight, be a support and generally do what parents and grandparents do to help their kids get off to a good start it will all be worth it.
We can make the choices we have to now, and spend every moment possible just being together and in the end we will build a support system that will be unbreakable. So... that is the goal - onward and upward and lots of snuggles along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan, so good to have a goal like that!