Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Construction of the Head... and other garage sale finds

This past weekend I managed to sneak in a little of my favorite hobby and went to a garage sale. It was fabulous. You know the kind where you can immediately tell that the people getting rid of the stuff have no idea how great it is. Beth was my guide and after a brief conversation directed me to these gems....

Her first sewing book...

The heirloom tin that her mother used to keep soda crackers in and she, sewing notions...

this is the side view...


And this great how to book. It is the inside that really gets me going. Great illustrations and classic glamour.

this is the look I will be wearing this summer...

these I will be practicing in the mirror later tonight...

what I wish for...

fabulously fabulous....
perfect brows....
and lucious lips....
So much fun. I can't wait to do more garage sale-ing! Ah spring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great book! I too dig the swimsuit and my friend, you and your daughter could teach this book a thing or two about perfect eyebrows, n'est pas? We'll have to hit a few garage sales together this summer!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous finds!!! The tin is lovely and THAT book, what fun!

Anonymous said...

I have another for you my dear... a 1970's craft book with patterns...Lady Minto of course.

Anonymous said...

I love the eyebrow page...love...love...love