Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This little light of mine....

This morning I found myself getting teary eyed while watching a Gospel choir on the morning news. Teary because I was moved, moved because I love the music and need it.... I think I am going to have to join a choir sooner than later and the more Gospel the better. There is something about gospel music that just "cleanses" everything (I do believe that is the point).

I have known this about myself for a long time, that I need music, but not in the way that a lot of people do, or experience I guess I should say. I don't have to have it on all the time, or go to tons of concerts or immerse myself in it, but it is in me everyday. I sing the mundane, hum incessantly and generally crave it for expression. I can't see myself getting to indulge this any time soon as I would need to do some serious juggling and then fork out a ton of cash for a sitter, but.....

.... halleluia and amen, I will let you know when I am belting out this little light of mine and I will invite you to watch me let it shine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll buy a ticket! Maybe you can lead some Christmas carols at our open houses! I'm sure you sing like an angel!

Anonymous said...

Just saw something in the local paper about a Gospel choir which sounds absolutely fantastic!!! I'll cut it out for you and pass it along because this might be the one. There's a show on December 8th. Serious soul food!