Friday, February 17, 2006

Subject, What subject?

I have been playing around in the world of BLOG lately and realizing more and more how little I know. You may have noted that I, for an extremely short time, had links to fav sites to visit. You may note they are no longer there, WHY? because I did something stupid and gacked the page and so reset it and lost all of my customizations. Why not just do it again? Well I can't seem to find the appropriate place in the code to insert it. HMMM puzzling yes, I will get to the bottom of this eventually if I don't go nuts first.
On a happier note - the sun is shining again and I am happy to say I can't remember how many days in a row it has been as such - Yah! It was odd earlier this morning - the sun was trying to break through, but it was as if a kid had found a dimmer switch and was playing with it for the first time - bright, dull ,bright, dull - now just bright.
The painting is happening tomorrow dowstairs and I am sad to report that we will be painting it a very safe and recyled mixture of prarie wheat and clear moon - which combined make a safe and neutral beigey taupe colour. We are doing this because we want to neutralize the room for one, and secondly it won't cost anything as we are using up already purchased paint. I feel a little bright colour blocking coming on though.
I have been saying to the hubby lately that I am a little tired of the neutral palette of our house - we need a little punch of colour, I have been collecting paint chips from the local hardware store and am noting that they are much more fun, cheerful and spa like in colour with a little kick, although this pic doesn't really do them justice.


Below is the Valentine's card I got this year - FIL is so sentimental sometimes. I am sure that his is not what he thinks I do all day, although sometimes I look like this when he gets home.

I am also loving this color, although am not sure if I am bold enough to use it on a wall in my house. Perhaps in the creative zone - ahh I love the thought of that, I can't wait for it to be Saturday because we get to start and work on it all weekend. This feels more exciting than Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pink is awesome! Can't wait to see your room!