Thursday, March 09, 2006

It is snowing...and now it is sticking

I love the fact that it is snowing in March, for pete's sake, what is going on here? It looks so lovely and peaceful and I want to be romanced by the drifting flakes and perpetual softness that is evokes. However, I am finding myself distracted by the thought of what the heck is going to happen to my walking group that is supposed to meet at 12. I really want to walk and there is no reason that a little snow should stop us, but if it turns to rain I should think that would be enough of a deterrent to squash the event. We shall see.

I have had the opportunity this week to get together on a few occasions with old friends and just yesterday managed to re-connect with some new one's (if that makes sense). At my Parent and Baby (really Mommy and Baby - only one Dad and only once) I met two ladies whom I had been in prenatal yoga with and had become friendly. Of course with new little ones occupying the majority of our time we managed to lose touch, but now I shall see them once a week at least and as it turns out one of them lives about a block away. On that same note, just before the class was to start in walked one of my old neighbours from our old town house complex with her 2 month old son and she too has moved within about 5 minutes of me. Too fun, so now I have some very nearby companions to call up when the sun peeks through the clouds for those precious few moments and you want to seize the opportunity, but would like to have some company as well.

I find that talking to Eme is not the same, I do enjoy a 2 way conversation. Sometimes I feel as if I am not talking to her enough, did you others mothers out there talk to your babies a lot? I talk to her often and make comments about what she is or I am doing, but find that the full running commentary about every moment of our day eludes me and I realize that I perhaps haven't said anything in 15 minutes or so... I do sing alot but wonder "Am I damaging my childs chance of being a literary genius by not stimulating her vocabulary sufficiently from a young age?"

No comments: