Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tickling the ivories

We were lucky enough to be given a piano. It arrived yesterday and after just fitting through the doorway (both doors came off and we had but a quarter of an inch of play) it is sitting in its new home. It originally belonged to my Grandmother who, now in her mid 80's, is still a phenomenal piano player. You hum it and she can play it. This is a gift that many of my family members possess actually. If I remeber correctly it was bought for her by her father, and was made in about 1910 I think. It was her first piano and it is a beauty. I will try and post some detail shots for you to see.

It has been with my aunt and uncle for many years now as it stayed in my Grandparents original house when my Aunt and Uncle moved in, after my Grandparent retired to the Sunshine Coast. They have since moved and are now moving again, this time across the country, so no room for a piano on the plane. That is where we come in. As you can see my little monkey is enjoying it already. I had her sitting at it for a bit this morning and she was going crazy. A natural I suspect. I will have to remember not to force her into lessons....
I am thinking that I must try to teach myself to play again. I say again, perhaps I should just say play as I was never very accomplished. My Mom sent over all of my old books so I can re-learn slowly and from the start. C C C C C, D D D D D, E E E E E ....... you get the idea.

I will let you know if there is any progess.

Speaking of progress i am ashamed to write that I have yet to start a new knitting project. I am sheepishly considering another pair of mittens. This will be my new hat I suspect. The old stand by knitting project you start when you can't think of anything else to do. I shall leave it at this... my Dad just arrived and I should be visiting.

Sing a little song for me! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man do I love you 2...what a cutey!!