Saturday, March 18, 2006

Nope, I am not kidding around here...

It is true, you can believe your eyes. I have actually finished a knitting project that I started, and it hasn't yet been a month! What? Unbelievable I know! And to boot I have also ventured into a sweet but simple experiment with another real pattern! Too much.

I don't know what came over me, it was as if I was inspired or something wierd like that. I am very happy that I will have something to show at knitting club this Monday, it is a long time coming.

These are the result of a post I did a while ago - I was excited because I actually did something at our last knitting club and felt that I had to share, and look where that got me. In fact I actually ripped out the ribbing I did at Knaughty Knitters and started over so that I could knit both mittens at the same time. I would reccomend this whenever possible, that way you don't finish one and not start the other. That is my usual MO.


This is a little practice square that I did to try and get the hang of following a template. Pretty cute I think. I thought it might make a cute addition to the next quilt that we make as a group. The down side of course is the flip side, it isn't quite as cute as the front, so perhaps no.

I guess I better think up a new project for Monday's meeting.... any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I Love these fish!!! Maybe, despite the other side, you could file this idea away in case a baby Elliott ever comes along...
ps- the mitts are great too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Loving the orange and white! Watch out for the cute police 'cause those are C-U-T-E!