Monday, March 13, 2006

Who says procrastination doesn't pay off?

This is a picture of the meal that my husband prepared for me the other night - after a "What are we going to have for dinner?" conversation at 6:00. As I was mulling over the speediest and most uninspiring options in my head he says from the corner of the room, "How about garlic- chilli prawns with peanuts, noodles and broccoli?" - "I'm sorry what? I don't think I heard you right. Did you mean to say grilled cheese and soup from a box?"

As you may have noticed the noodles were replaced with rice (I am a bit noodled out at the moment) and the broccoli with chard (as FIL doesn't like either and we had chard in the house)
and voila! It was sooo tasty and has given me the idea to be less organized a little more often. God bless Martha Stewart, by the way, as it was her FOOD publication (left here by FIL's mom) that gave him the idea.

Hmmm... I just don't know what we should have tonight! FIL, any ideas?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm, YUM!

Anonymous said...

I've been considering buying the new Rachael Ray cookbook, the one with 365 dinner recipes. Instead I can just ask Fil!!! That meal looks deeeelish!

Anonymous said...

FIL is thinking a good recipe for success is an afternoon of quite walks and good food with his gorgeous wife...

But a good hot dog is nice too...once in a while...;)